Other terms which apply to the Service
Acceptable Use of the Service
1. You must be at least 13 years old to use the Service.
2. You may only be a business user of the Services with This World Outside’s express written permission.
3. You may not post violent, nude, partially nude, discriminatory, unlawful, infringing, hateful, pornographic or sexually suggestive photos or other content via the Service.
4. You are responsible for any activity that occurs through your account and you agree you will not sell, transfer, licence or assign your account, followers, username, or any account rights. With the exception of people or businesses that are expressly authorised to create accounts on behalf of their employers or clients, This World Outside prohibits the creation of and you agree that you will not create an account for anyone other than yourself. You also represent that all information you provide or provided to This World Outside upon registration and at all other times will be true, accurate, current and complete and you agree to update your information as necessary to maintain its truth and accuracy.
5. You agree that you will not solicit, collect or use the login credentials of other This World Outside users.
6. You are responsible for keeping your user identification code and password secret and secure. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us by email using this link.
7. You must not defame, stalk, bully, abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate people or entities and you must not post private or confidential information via the Service, including, without limitation, your or any other person’s credit card information, or personal data (including phone numbers or email addresses).
8. You may not use the Service in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation. You agree to comply with all laws, rules and regulations applicable to your use of the Service and your Content (defined below), including but not limited to, copyright laws, database rights or trademarks.
9. You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, files, information, usernames, images, graphics, photos, profiles, recipes, audio and video clips, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, applications, links and other content or materials (collectively, “Content”) that you submit, post or display on or via the Service.
10. You must not change, modify, adapt or alter the Service or change, modify or alter another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service or This World Outside.
11. You must not create or submit or procure the submission of unwanted email, comments, likes or other forms of unsolicited advertising or promotional material or any similar commercial or harassing communications (a/k/a “spam”) to any This World Outside users.
12. You must not use domain names or web URLs in your username without prior written consent from This World Outside.
13. You must not interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, including by transmitting any worms, viruses, spyware, malware or any other code of a destructive or disruptive nature. You may not inject content or code or otherwise alter or interfere with the way any This World Outside page is rendered or displayed in a user’s browser or device.
14. You must comply with This World Outside’s Community Guidelines, available here.
15. You must not create accounts with the Service through unauthorised means, including but not limited to, by using an automated device, script, bot, spider, crawler or scraper.
1. We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Service or your access to the Service for any reason, without notice, at any time, and without liability to you. You can deactivate your This World Outside account by logging into the Service and selecting the DELETE PROFILE option under your profile settings. If we terminate your access to the Service or you use the DELETE PROFILE function above to deactivate your account, your photos, recipes, comments, likes, ratings, friendships, and all other data will no longer be accessible through your account (e.g., users will not be able to navigate to your username and view your recipes), but those materials and data may persist and appear within the Service (e.g., if your Content has been re-shared by others).
4. We reserve the right to refuse access to the Service to anyone for any reason at any time.
5. We reserve the right to force forfeiture of any username for any reason.
7. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users of the Service, whether online or offline. You agree that This World Outside is not responsible or liable for the conduct of any user. This World Outside reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor or become involved in disputes between you and other users. Exercise common sense and your best judgement when interacting with others, including when you submit or post Content or any personal or other information.
8. You agree that you are responsible for all data charges you incur through the use of the Service.
9. We do not guarantee that the Service will be free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your own information technology computer programmes, platform and devices in order to access the Service. You should use your own virus protection software.
10. We prohibit crawling, scraping, caching or otherwise accessing any content on the Service via automated means, including but not limited to, user profiles and recipes (except as may be the result of standard search engine protocols or technologies used by a search engine with This World Outside’s express consent).
11. You are responsible for choosing recipes appropriate for your own dietary requirements. Please take care to take account of any allergies or food sensitivities that you may have. Whilst This World Outside tries to accommodate the preferences that you have indicated in the recipes that it shows or recommends, it cannot guarantee that it has done so and you are responsible for your own food choices and their safety for you.
2. Some of the Service is supported by advertising revenue and may display advertisements and promotions, and you hereby agree that This World Outside may place such advertising and promotions on the Service or on, about, or in conjunction with your Content. The manner, mode and extent of such advertising and promotions are subject to change without specific notice to you.
3. You acknowledge that we may not always identify paid services, sponsored content, or commercial communications as such.
5. The Service contains content owned or licensed by This World Outside (“This World Outside Content”). This World Outside Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, and, as between you and This World Outside, This World Outside owns and retains all rights in the This World Outside Content and the Service. You will not remove, alter or conceal any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the This World Outside Content and you will not reproduce, modify, adapt, prepare derivative works based on, perform, display, publish, distribute, transmit, broadcast, sell, licence or otherwise exploit the This World Outside Content.
6. All page headers, custom graphics, button icons and scripts are owned by This World Outside, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without prior written permission from This World Outside.
7. Although it is This World Outside’s intention for the Service to be available as much as possible, there will be occasions when the Service may be interrupted, including, without limitation, for scheduled maintenance or upgrades, for emergency repairs, or due to failure of telecommunications links and/or equipment. Also, This World Outside reserves the right to remove any Content from the Service for any reason, without prior notice. Content removed from the Service may continue to be stored by This World Outside, including, without limitation, in order to comply with certain legal obligations, but may not be retrievable without a valid court order. Consequently, This World Outside encourages you to maintain your own backup of your Content. In other words, This World Outside is not a backup service and you agree that you will not rely on the Service for the purposes of Content backup or storage. This World Outside will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Services, or the loss of any Content. You also acknowledge that the Internet may be subject to breaches of security and that the submission of Content or other information may not be secure.
10. It is This World Outside’s policy not to accept or consider content, information, ideas, suggestions or other materials other than those we have specifically requested and to which certain specific terms, conditions and requirements may apply. This is to avoid any misunderstandings if your ideas are similar to those we have developed or are developing independently. Accordingly, This World Outside does not accept unsolicited materials or ideas, and takes no responsibility for any materials or ideas so transmitted. If, despite our policy, you choose to send us content, information, ideas, suggestions, or other materials, you further agree that This World Outside is free to use any such content, information, ideas, suggestions or other materials, for any purposes whatsoever, including, without limitation, developing and marketing products and services, without any liability or payment of any kind to you.
Reporting Copyright and Other Intellectual Property Infringements
1. We respect other people’s rights, and expect you to do the same.
2. If you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
3. We have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any Content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a breach of their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
Third party links and resources and Applications
There may be links from the Service, or from communications you receive from the Service, to third-party websites or features. There may also be links to third-party websites or features in images or comments within the Service. The Service also includes third-party content that we do not control, maintain or endorse. Functionality on the Service may also permit interactions between the Service and a third-party website or feature, including applications that connect the Service or your profile on the Service with a third-party website or feature. For example, the Service may include a feature that enables you to share Content from the Service or your Content with a third party, which may be publicly posted on that third party’s service or application. Using this functionality typically requires you to login to your account on the third-party service and you do so at your own risk. This World Outside does not control any of these third-party web services or any of their content. We will not be liable for any loss of damage that may arise from your use of them.
You may choose, at your sole and absolute discretion and risk, to use applications that connect the Service or your profile on the Service with a third-party service (each, an “Application”) and such Application may interact with, connect to or gather and/or pull information from and to your Service profile. By using such Applications, you acknowledge and agree to the following: (i) if you use an Application to share information, you are consenting to information about your profile on the Service being shared; (ii) your use of an Application may cause personally identifying information to be publicly disclosed and/or associated with you, even if This World Outside has not itself provided such information; and (iii) your use of an Application is at your own option and risk, and you will hold the This World Outside Parties (defined below) harmless for activity related to the Application.
Limitation of liability
Nothing in these terms excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English law.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to the Services, the This World Outside site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with (A) use of or inability to use the Service or (B) use of or reliance on any Content.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular This World Outside will not be liable for (A) loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue; (b) business interruption; © loss of anticipated savings; loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or (D) any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide the Service for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the Service for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programmes, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Service or to your downloading any content on it, or any website linked to it.
Please note that This World Outside cannot warrant that your use of the Service is lawful in any particular jurisdiction.
Suspension and termination
The information provided within the Service is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject This World Outside to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. We reserve the right to limit the availability of the Service or any portion of the Service, to any person, geographic area, or jurisdiction, at any time and in our sole discretion, and to limit the quantities of any content, program, product, service or other feature that This World Outside provides.
To contact us, please email by clicking here.
Thank you for using this Service.